Did you lost your WordPress website log in details? Or you don’t remember which e-mail id you are using for WordPress?
Keep Calm, cPanel will save your day. Follow these simple steps to reset the password in less than 5 minutes.
1. Login to yourwebsite.com/cpanel (or) yourwebsite.com:2082/
2. Click phpMyAdmin
3. Proceed the Login (Most of you might have set a password to access WordPress Database, others skip this step)
4. From the database table, Click “wp_users“
5. Click the Edit Button
6. Move the cursor to “user_pass” column
7. Choose the “MD5” option in “Function” box near varchar(64)
8. Set the password as “Value” (use a simple password for now)
9. Check whether the value given for “user_nicename” column is “admin”. If not, change the value to “admin”
10. Click the “Go” button at the bottom of page.
That’s it! you have changed your password. Now log into your WordPress website with the new password. Change the password from WordPress settings.
note: In case if you do not remember your phpMyAdmin Password, you can find it easily from
cPanel -> File Manager
Follow these steps
1. Find “wp_config.php” from the root directory
2. Open the file in text view and find these values
/** MySQL database username */
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘your user name here’);
/** MySQL database password */
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘your password here’);
Hope this helps. For further queries, comment here. I will reply you within 24 hours!